Friday, January 18, 2013

Gettin' Gross with Syrup

This week I created and photographed Landscape 2 which is tentatively called Frost/Frosting (last week's I decided to call Desert/Dessert). The materials this time: Frosting, syrup, chili powder, beans, (chewed) gum. Here's a photo of it in the process:


And this, for proof of materials:


For the final photograph I experimented more with lighting. I didn't want such deep lighting like I had in my last landscape, the desert, so I used two lights this time. One was a taller, brighter light than the last time and the other was a small one that I placed behind the landscape. Here's what I got:



The black and white was just a test that I did, but I kind of liked it after I did it. I think if I want all my photographs to look cohesive in the end I will have to keep them all in color, but, it was an interesting experiment.

 My absolute favorite part of this landscape is the reflection in the "water" (syrup-did I mention this was a gross, syrupy mess?). I think this week I came a lot closer to it looking like a true landscape. This weekend I am hoping to start experimenting with taking video of some of the landscapes. I have no idea how that will turn out, but I am going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment